Coils for Ion

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Tue Jun 2 03:59:57 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jun 1998 21:30:19 -0500, Walter Petermann
> <corsaro at brokersys.com> wrote:
>
> >Gar, I thought you guys were all experienced junk yard
> >hunters! Anyways, this thing isn't doing me any good sitting here.
> >I'm never going to work on a *@%# Mits. again. If you or someone else wants to
> >put it to use, it's yours.
>
> Nah, the info/intel on what's available is worth far more than a mere
> "sample". You keep that coil yerself, dude, cuz you may wanna use it for
> your OWN Ion experiments, shortly. Besides, have you EVER had to find a
> Mits car in the yards, when you REALLY needed one? There's a reason why
> their parts are soooo expensive. Their VOLUME isn't very high, even out
> here in the Yuppie State of the California.
>
> >PS I found a lot of Ion circuits. Free lit on the
> >'interpretation'
> >of currents is a bit thin, except from SAE papers. Looks
> >like a trip to the
> >library.
>
> Good on ya. Go for it. In one of the "ionization" patents is a
> discussion of interpretation of the raw signal, but it IS pretty basic.
> Funny thang is, them SAE papers are likely to tell you what "could be"
> rather than the SAAB papers, that tell you what IS.
>
> The way I figure it, like in EGOR's case, one hour on a real bench is
> worth a thousand in the books. And with ION, while the simple
> fire/misfire detection may be a dirt simple ionization current
> threshold, I figure a good session or two on the dyno stands of some of
> our more "technoid" members may be what's needed to determine better
> than any SAE paper, what realistically is the shape of KNOCK when seen
> thru ION eyes.
>
> Remember that while patents are a great source of "disclosure"
> information, their agendas aren't the same as ours. We wanna get
> something that works; they wanna cover their butts six ways from Sunday.
>
> Gar
Up here in CanukLand, there are NO Mits dealers - Chrysler sells their
stuff, and when one is traded in that needs more than a couple hundred
bucks to make it saleable it ends up in the wrecking yard. Still not
easy to find parts for as the volume is still low - but a significant
percentage over 5 years old is scrap.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!