Coils for Ion

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Tue Jun 2 03:53:11 GMT 1998

On Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:30:22 -0700 garfield at pilgrimhouse.com writes:

<snip>

>A right noble and intrepid effort, Sir Pelican. But I've just about
>given up hope of finding a "normal", single tower coil, and so I think
>we should switch our quest to just finding a suitable
>twin-tower/wasteFire coil.
>
>So, instead of tryna find an ordinary singleFire coil with independant
>pri's & sec's, let's segue to asking if anyone knows of a decent
>twin-tower coil that has some suitable connectors. Basically anything
>better than slots for spade terminals in the underbelly, like the GM
>ones.

Hmmm... I wonder if the wastefire coils have a higher turns ratio.  Would
this affect your design, or would you be content with a higher output
voltage (and less current)?

By the way, I have a (hopefully intellegent) question.

What are the highest frequency components that ION will be expected to
read (I remember seeing some mention of a typical waveform when I looked
at the patent)?  What is the inductance of a typical spark coil's
secondary?  I think you can see what I'm getting at...  Is the inductive
reactance of the coil going to be a problem?

Ray Drouillard