Coils for Ion (BMW)

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Tue Jun 2 14:56:56 GMT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:05:01 GMT0BST, "Martin Hill"
<EAXMJHI at ean2.mecheng.nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

>Have you tried BMW coils.  There are single coils available for those
>which sit directly on top of the plug.  On the top are three
>connections, outside two for primary, middle one for secondary.  Not
>sure if you have looked at these already, apologies if you have.

No, I haven't. Could you mention a donor vehicle or is that needed
(maybe they're all the same)? I presume you're refering to autos, not
bikes, right? I'll wander over to the dealer today and have a look.
Meanwhile, if a particular car model comes to mind, lemme know, he?

Gar

P.S. Not tryna look a gift horse in the mouth, but those "squat ontop"
coils would make the HV connection more difficult, but at this point I
can't be too picky, it seems. Sigh.