Finale' and then some (long, trust me)

Michael McBroom bodhi at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 14:57:01 GMT 1998

Mike Morrin wrote:

> At 23:52 1/06/98 -0700, Orin Eman wrote:

> >There are a few options that can be set - like who can post (list
> >members only or anyone) and whether replies to to the list or the
> >sender.  The current settings were from general consensus in
> >the past...  Maybe that consensus has changed?

> Personally I prefer replies to sender.  What modern email package does not
> have a reply to all button?

Unfortunately, Netscape's mail utility is apparently semi-brain-dead in
this department.  "All" to netscape means 'All recipients', so if you
click on this selection, messages do not get sent to the sender and the
list the way they would in a newsgroup, for example -- they just get
sent to the list.  You can't even click on the sender's email address to
send a reply to the person -- Netscape sees it as the list's address.
BUT if you (right) click on the sender's address to add it to your
address book, it sees it correctly.  Go figure.

--
Best,

Michael McBroom                   Visit the Volvo Performance Site:
'87 745T 123k                         http://mcbrooms.com/volvo
'88 765T 164k