Coil Quest Over (or just postponed?)

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Thu Jun 4 02:38:08 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 07:15:46 +1200, Mike Morrin <mikem at southern.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
> >At 08:28 3/06/98 -0400, Clare Snyder wrote:
> >>Just had an idea on the Nissan coils - anyone check them for continuity
> >>at, say, 80 volts? Mabee, just mabee, they have a HV diode stack in
> >>them?
> >
> >I think (although I was wrong once), that these (and some other
> >distributor-less coils) have a series spark gap in them to simulate the
> >effect of the distributor rotor to cap gap.  This has the effect of
> >sharpening the voltage rise time at the plugs, making them less prone to
> >fouling.

SNIPPP

. And it wouldn't be the first time a Japanese company
> followed Bosch's lead. B)
>
> Just some itinerant thots.
>
> Gar

Actually, in some cases Bosch follows the Japs - Nippondenso licences a
design from Bosch, improves it (that's what the japs do - they don't
invent, they refine) and transfers the technology back to Bosch.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!