trouble code disable in '747

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Jun 5 20:08:52 GMT 1998

Looking thru the archives, I saw these two posts concerning disabling of
ECM trouble codes:

Bruce wrote:

 050D       050E       050F
  FD         39          F9    would be stock
  FC         39          F9   would be no vss diagnostics (code 24)
  FD         39          79   would be no knock (code 43)
  FD         19          F9   would be no egr (code 32)

That makes it look like bit 0 of address 50d controls code 24, bit 7 of
address 50f controls code 43, bit 5 of address 50e controls code 32.

But another email from Bruce had the codes listed like this:

address:  0x50d
bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
code: 12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19

address:  0x50e
bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
code: 20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27

address:  0x50f
bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
code: 28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35

The two mismatch, and the second table doesn't even go up to code 43.
So now I'm confused.  Bruce, would you mind please summarizing this
table again?  Which bits control which codes?

I'm trying to get this all straightened out because I'm putting all the
programming 101 notes into an HTML document for the diyefi WWW page.
So, when it's done, who do I send the page to?

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems