more 747 questions

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jun 6 01:59:19 GMT 1998

Subject: more 747 questions

>Expect lots of these as I go thru the 101 archives and discover how much
>I don't know.
>
>Bruce says the WOT A/F table is here:
>  We covered the WOT spark adder, so now we must look for a
>WOT Air/Fuel Ratio.  That would be at 0487-048E..
>
>It says that it's here:
>So if ya look at the end of the
>fuel area, ya see exactly that, again depending on what application,
>it reads hex 64 for a few entries, and then the last few are 00.  So
>we wind up at 03C7-03D7 as being the fuel enrichment for WOT.
>Can someone clarify?

Your looking at two different tables, one is an enrichment (a fuel
VE addition), and the other a final air fuel ratio.  The 0487-048E
would be expressed after the conversion as something like 12.5:1,
the other as a percent.  The percentage is added as PE is enabled.
Is that better?..
Cheers
Bruce      If this still isn't clear to any one, let me know and I'll try to
                splain it betters.