trouble code disable in '747

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jun 6 02:11:55 GMT 1998

From: steve ravet <steve at sun4c409.imes.com>
Subject: trouble code disable in '747

>Looking thru the archives, I saw these two posts concerning disabling of
>ECM trouble codes:
>Bruce wrote:
> 050D       050E       050F
>  FD         39          F9    would be stock
>  FC         39          F9   would be no vss diagnostics (code 24)
>  FD         39          79   would be no knock (code 43)
>  FD         19          F9   would be no egr (code 32)
>
>That makes it look like bit 0 of address 50d controls code 24, bit 7 of
>address 50f controls code 43, bit 5 of address 50e controls code 32.

This is true....

*****The first one is to exactly explain how things are done.  This other
was to develope the strategy behind the maddness.  Yes, it is confusing, but
the whole malfunction flag area is exactly that.
Stategy is IMHO how it is organized, and executed.  It is my poor
command of the english langage that is the confusing part to this
interuptation of these conversions.  If you line things up with the first
listing here it lines up right.  The lower part is to explain the strategy
or the thought process to "see" the logic of it.********

>But another email from Bruce had the codes listed like this:
>
>address:  0x50d
>bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
>code: 12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19
>
>address:  0x50e
>bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
>code: 20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27
>
>address:  0x50f
>bit:   7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
>code: 28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35
>
>The two mismatch, and the second table doesn't even go up to code 43.

The above was an intro into how these flags are developed, and
the binary to hex understanding of how they line up to malfunction
codes.  I was trying to take the less experienced binary folks up to
speed, and was attempting to start at square one, and develope
it from there.

>So now I'm confused.  Bruce, would you mind please summarizing this
>table again?  Which bits control which codes?
>
>I'm trying to get this all straightened out because I'm putting all the
>programming 101 notes into an HTML document for the diyefi WWW page.
>So, when it's done, who do I send the page to?

I don't know how to do that, you'd need to get ahold of I quess Orin.

>--steve
>Steve Ravet
>International Meta Systems
>http://www.imes.com