Holley Pro-Jection O2 sensor number

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sun Jun 7 16:40:03 GMT 1998

Raymond C Drouillard wrote:
<snip>

> >  An O2 sensor is and O2 sensor any one will work... There are
> >non-heated one-wire and heated 3-wire but they both work the same..
> >
> >--
> >Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
> >Fayetteville, North Carolina
> >JTW Web pages at http://www.home.att.net/~jweir
> >mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net
>
> Thanks.  I suspected that they all operated the same.
>
> As it turns out, I bought something different than the one that came with
> it.  I went to two Murry's stores and they didn't have anything with the
> same connecter (I could change the connecter, but I wouldn't be able to
> return it if it didn't happen to work).

<more snip> I'm no O2 Expert, but GM tells it's techs
specifiaclly DO NOT cut their O2 sensor wire to change
connectors or make repairs.  The O2 needs to reference the
exhaust against fresh air, and the fresh air source is the
wire insulation.  Anytime it's cut, you risk getting
moisture or contamination (think mud) in there.  I know, I
know, there's many people who go ahead and cut it and never
have problems, but I think it's more fun to drive my car
than fix it (especially if I caused the problem), So I don't
cut the O2 sensor wire.  Simple ounce of prevention...

Shannen