more 747 questions

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 9 03:24:38 GMT 1998

Subject: Re: more 747 questions

>> >But, at WOT you are open loop, right?
>>
>> Open loop just means it's not looking at the O2 voltage at that moment.
>> There are still BL corrections applied, coolant temp
>> corrections applied.  The Injectors have to have enough capacity for
>> accleration modes.  So control of WOT AFR is nececessary,
>> and the fuel reguirements may or maynot be linear.
>
>I'm still confused.  This table lists desired A/F ratios, right?

YES, calculated target ratios, not measured....

 But at WOT you're not measuring A/F because you're ignoring the O2 sensor.

True

>Having a table of A/F values seems to imply closed loop operation in
>that you measure A/F, compare to what's in the table, and adjust if
>necessary.

No No No, it's not making an adjustment per se to maitain a AF ratio.
It's using a caliculated on time for a certain injector size to maintain
a calculated AFR.

>--steve

That do it?.
Bruce