eec egr scheme

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Tue Jun 9 05:21:10 GMT 1998

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 23:56:41 +0400 "Slava" <cittt at cityline.ru> writes:
>>with added EGR it will be neither rich nor lean
>>the extra inert gas is not flowing through any of the metering system
>>that affects incoming air, it is rerouted internally in the block
>>so the A/F stays in sync
>>but the timing has to be advanced to let it burn properly
>>
>>Clive
>
>It's true only for EFI with Mass Air Sensor like Bosch systems.  In
>EFI with
>MAP sensor
>extra inert gas will increase manifold
>presser and A/F will be rich.
>
>I think so!
>Slava.
>Russia.

What everyone seems to be missing in this discussion is the oxygen
sensor.  In a MAP system, opening the EGR will cause the ECM to inject
extra fuel and make a rich mixture.  On the other hand, the EGR is only
opened at partial throttle conditions.  At that point, the fuel mixture
is controlled by the oxygen sensor.

I have EGR in my Jeep engine with Holley Pro-Jection.  I didn't worry
about the EGR.  I just let the feedback system do its job.

Ray Drouillard