EGO Related

Wayne.MacDonald at zurich.com.au Wayne.MacDonald at zurich.com.au
Wed Jun 10 06:58:39 GMT 1998

     I have been following the EGOR thread with interest as I am currently
working on a project to add some degree of open loop compensation on the
Sagem EFI system on my Triumph motorcycle, The system on the bike has no
MAP or EGO sensor and provides no means of adjusting the fuel map.

 The approach I am taking is to put a 68HC11 based microcontroller between
the ECU and the injectors measuring the injector pulse from the ECU and
providing a new pulse for the injector using a compensation % from an
RPM/Throttle position lookup table. I have also put an EGO sensor in the
exhaust collector and planned to use the input from this to dynamically
adjust the lookup table. Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to do this
with a normal 4 wire EGO sensor ?. I assume from a recent posting on EGOR
that the Honda/NTK 5 wire sensor is quite different to a normal sensor ?.
Will I get accurate enough information from a normal EGO sensor to do this
type of calculation ?.

     Thanks.
          Wayne.