Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Engines

lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov
Thu Jun 11 22:19:06 GMT 1998

     Depends.

     If you are talking about introducing this into the intake stream at
     the 1500-3200 PSI, then electronic fuel injectors are out. Most, if
     not all, are designed to operate at around 100psi max before they lock
     open. There may be special apps available, but I'm not aware of any.

     As for what would work, I'd have to say a direct injection type setup
     like they use on diesel engines. Perhaps you could modify it to
     electronically control the hydraulics...would be pretty cool :)

     Sandia eh? Argonne is a lot better... ;)

     TTYL!

     Larry Kurek