AFM calibration?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 11 22:24:17 GMT 1998

From: Francois Dion <francois at hyperreal.org>
Subject: AFM calibration?

>I know nobody would want to use an airflow meter
>as used in an L-jet setup nowadays, however I have
>an older car that has that restrictive setup and I'd like
>to adjust it for better flow.

Changing spring tension will change mixture, you need a larger
AFM to be able to flow more.
Think this months issue of Zoom Magazine has an article about it.

>Should I instead forget the AFM and try to find
>another sensor that could be used instead?

IMHO making a MAP to AFM converter is the way to go, but noone
that has done that has posted the schematic.........
Use a MAP IAT, and RPM inputs, bingo.....

 The setup is Bosch L-jetronic in a Lancia Zagato. I do
>believe it's the exact same setup as in a Fiat 2000
>spider.

Yes, it is the same as the 2000

 All components are 81 except the AFM
>which is a 79 and is the all aluminium type (except
>for the cover over the spring).
>Ciao,
>Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)

Cheers