AFM calibration?

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Fri Jun 12 08:52:56 GMT 1998

If you have some time to experiment, you might try adapting
a hot-wire air flow sensor. That I know of you would have
to make the following modifications:

i)   amplify the output
ii)  replace the original air temp sensor with a fixed
     resistor.
iii) the L-jet flow meter has built in contacts to turn on
     the fuel pump relay so you'd have to take care of this
     some other way.
iv)  Hot wire flow meters have a circuit to REALLY heat up
     the wire and burn off dirt and deposits. If I remember
     right this happens when you shut the engine off. You'd
     have to get some info on that.

I was trying to find a schematic of a hot wire flow sensor
that I took to pieces once. No luck! If I do find it I'll
email it to you.

regards,
 Walt