Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Engines

Frederick J Sparber fjsparb at sprintmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:02:13 GMT 1998

Re; Ash Removal Using Ion Exchange Technology.

I early attempts to lower the ash content of
feedlot manures I found that very dilute
sulfuric acid H2SO4 or pressurizing cold water with CO2 to form Carbonic
Acid H2CO3
(H+ + HCO3- or 2 H+ + CO3=) effected cation exchange and significantly
altered the burning properties of the manure.

I attributed this to the fact that the manures
are alkaline and contain large amounts of
alkaline cations.

This is an area that needs to be researched further if the manures are to be
used as a
fuel in I.C. engines.

Lots of CO2 exiting the engines.  :-)

I send a web page and a link on Ion Exchange.

Thoughts? TIA

Regards,    Frederick