Nitrus injectors (was Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Eng

Frederick J Sparber fjsparb at sprintmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:46:09 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov <lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 12:47 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Nitrous injectors (was Hydrothermal Biomass-Fueled Eng

Larry Kurek wrote:

>My thought back to the diesel type injectors though....
>
>If you ran a recirculating system, then you could have a bypass valve
>on each injector that would bleed the "fuel" (for lack of a better, or
>     more descriptive term ;) ), back to a holding tank, until it was
>needed.

I think I see you point,But, I'm really concerned about the lack of
lubricity wrecking the injectors.How about using the injectors to
"gate" an adapter that lets the "biofuel" into the cylinder?

With a bit of design ingenuity this could allow the diesel to be switched
between fuel types when required?

This would be an interesting DIY effort,wouldn't it?   :-) At least until
one could come up with an EFI design.

>Then, you could have an electro-hydraulic valve close to route
>     the "fuel" through the injector. Most diesel injectors have a pressure
>     rating to them where they won't open under a certain pressure, so you
>     could effectively "control" the actual injectors indirectly. You would
>     obviously have to size everything properly, and write a control
>     program for it...but it should work.
>
>     BTW...is the intent to use this on a spark or compression ignition
>engine?

Hopefully either eventually.

>     Later,
>
>     Larry Kurek
>
>     PS> That was a little immature humar about Argonne before...better at
>     is a VERY subjective statement :) :) :)

When it comes to rivalry between the labs,we all get a bit immature. :-)

The last visit I had at ANL, I was wearing my
18 year-old Benrus analog watch with the Radium dials, set off an alarm that
scared the Billy-BD out of me, and the security guards.  :-)

Regards,   Frederick