Reference suggestions

Adam Farnham farnhams at erols.com
Mon Jun 15 02:03:33 GMT 1998

I am a new subscriber to this list. In an effort to become as versed in
engine control management as possible, I was wondering if anyone had
recommendations for good references/primers.

I am an engineer and have two vehicles:  A GM truck with a 4.3L V6 (runs
fine, would like some more push in the prop shaft) and a Toyota Previa,
which, on a regular basis, does not want to accelerate.  I bought the
Toyota manual, but it does not give a good explanation of what the ECM
is monitoring and how, only failure tree analysis.  The fault is
intermittant, and no error codes are stored in the ECM.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Adam Farnham