Bench Racin ECMS ect

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Wed Jun 17 16:52:33 GMT 1998

Since I helped start this mess....

The '7747 is quite dumb. A two lead light connected in
the place of the injector gives me an instant idea of
what's happening.  An ooollld dwell meter adds
some objectivity.  Another light bulb makes for a
decent fake coil without 40,000v trying to kill me.

My observations confirm that BPW is a function of
MAP...certainly at 2800rpm. BPW is only adjusted during
a *change* of TPS. I hope that there is more to BPW
than IAT,VE,and MAP at idle since a long cam has
terrible vacuum. That's for another day.

Thanks for the formula Peter. Where did ya snag
that formula from?  I'm still tryinta learn about
the dissassembly stuff to figure formulas out
for meself.

BTW--Is the "LOAD" value I'm seeing in tables just MAP?

-greg             I think I'll read BPW in degrees since
                  we don't have enuf confusing terms. :)