747 Timing Connector and misc questions

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 19 15:02:23 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> At min idle speed, yes.  If you race the engine, you're goofing things
>
> up.  Just set the timing with the at like 600ish rpm.

I have no problem setting the timing. I just wondered what the connector
was for, I know it disables initial advance at idle but what I didn't
know was that it still advances at higher RPM's.  Another reply said
that the ECM has a backup timing curve in case the ESC module quits to
retain driveability.

> Have you read the prog 101 stuff?  Does this application use a 1227747
> ecm?.

I have read most of the 101 stuff, yup I am running a 1227747.

> At 332 incoming is a couple articles about tuning.  I'd suggest ya
> start there, and then the 101 stuff.  Correctly burning chips etc.,
> takes some leg work+research to be done correctly.

I have also read all that stuff. I just have to get off my butt and
order the programmer and get myself a spare chip to play with.  I think
I am gonna download my chip, play with the values and then burn another,
since this thing is my daily driver.

> Been using it for 4 years, if ya use the mouse for entering data
> instead of
> enter on windoz 95 it locks up.  Just use the enter
> button, and it's fine.

I got an old laptop running just DOS that I am gonna use for data
acquisition (Diacom or something of the like).  I will run the
programmer off that as well, no win95 to screw with things.  Thanks for
all the info, I will post my accomplishments/failures/additional
questions... thanks again, Jason

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net