Engine simulation for bench ecms Simple strategy

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Fri Jun 19 15:47:37 GMT 1998

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Bruce Plecan wrote:
>   How about this use a pot for TPS, then using that as a voltage
> divider apply the output to a series of 3914's and 4066's
> So there would be 10 steps for MAPv, 10 steps for rpm, and ten
> steps for vss.  These ten steps for the MAP would be for v's
> divider string, the rpm would be for a 555 astable with 10 freguencies
> and vss would be 10 555 steps also.

Simple may be in the eye of the beholder. Hohahe.. Is there
not a way to create the faux inputs (analog,digital, and sq wave) from
that laptop? The parallel port has 8 addressable outputs that could
possibly be used.  Ooorrrr, a piece of hardware that generated
outputs and could be addressed serially might work (is
that where a simple PIC would work best?).

I hope these ideas help 'cuz we can e-mail SW but not a
3914.

-greg               Geez. I already dread the flood of
                    coach potato e-mail about this subject.