Pump Pressure

Vogt Family vogt at oro.net
Sat Jun 20 17:30:06 GMT 1998

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 cosmic.ray at juno.com (Raymond C Drouillard) wrote:

> Interesting...  I wonder if there are any injecters that can handle about
> 200 PSI.  It might be worth experimenting and using them to inject liquid
> propane.  Are injecters lubricated by the fuel?

I can assure you that there most certainly are.  The intake charge
cooling is excellent as you might imagine.  I saw a moster truck powered
by this system and 8 (yes eight) turbochargers on a Ford 500-something
engine.  It was the hands-down best built truck there and won every
class.  Also, the turbos made there cool whistle and kept the noise down
some...

Finding them is another matter but you will probably have to look in
racing applications.  Also 200-psi seems a little low, remember that
everything else in a propane system is engineered to a 10:1 safety
factor...

Birken