update on GM TBI problems in Jeep

Jeff Bratcher QJB008 at email.mot.com
Sat Jun 20 18:28:36 GMT 1998

diy_efi members,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the responses to my questions. After
trying all of the suggestions from the diy_efi members with no success I
finally bit the bullet and went down and got a remanufactured ECM from
the parts shop (~$80). After putting it in and giving it a test run, all
of my strange idle problems after the Jeep warms up are now gone. It's
running great! It even passed emissions on the first try (without a
catalytic converter!). I'm still planning on putting a cat on sometime
soon, just so the cops don't give me a hard time.

I installed the ALDL and SES light and both are working great with the
new ecm.

Thanks again for all the valuable tips and not talking down to a
newcomer!
--
Regards,
Jeff Bratcher