747 Timing Connector and misc questions

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 20 23:51:42 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> >I have VSS disabled, so that doesn't play a part in this equation, in
>
> >the timing table the timing curve is based on RPM?
>
> Did you turn the malfunction flag off?.  Or are you running around
> with
> a SES light on?.

Yes the malfunction flag is turned off, the ses would drive me up a
wall.

> There is a hot spark bias adder, cold spark bias adder, then there is
> a WOT/PE sparker adder, then the MAP/RPM spark table, those are
> for openers, and there may be more on the 747.

Wow, I am still kinda behind in all this stuff, I am gonna have to find
out where those other tables are, timing is really what I need to work
on first.

> I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down to anyone if that is what
> is
> meant in that last comment.  I'm just trying to explain things.

Sorry for the way that sounded, thats what I don't like about this
media, cant read tone or sarcasm.

> If you look in the archives there are a bunch of timing tables, and
> descriptions of things.  Ain't no one ignorant around here.

I am having a real hard time finding my way around the archives, I have
read everything that comes up when I search for "101", "programming",
"tuning" and "747".  Am I not looking in the right place? I also read
the stuff in 332-incomming. Any suggestions? Again, sorry for the way I
came across, it was more of a compliment to those out there who have
spent the time and deserve the credit.  As always thanks for everything
and until next time, Jason

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net