747 Timing Connector and misc questions

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 21 03:10:03 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Not having totally gone thru the 747 code I acn't say this with
> absolute
> accurracy, but quit often there is an enleanment strategy for
> deccleration.

I was under the impression that the ECM knows the engine deceleration
time under no-load conditions, when the vehicle is decelerating the
engine decel would be slower, that coupled with the TPS (throttle being
closed) contributes to the enleanment.

> At incoming 332 there are two items you might want to read before
> ya go to far, about tuning.  Fuel, and timing go  hand and hand.

I read the tuning document I will have to look for the other.

> Right place, now try timing spark tuning maps tables fuel 747 1227747,
> vss,

Ok, Ill start that tomorrow

> then time available read em start to finish a couple
> times.

already started that, got to the middle of 97 right now

>   If you want to come to better terms with some of the tables names
> switchs etc, try syty,

what is syty?

> and be sure to get promgrammer and read it closely many times,

what / what is programmer?

> and then the treprom at gn.

again what is treprom? what's the URL for gn?

Bruce,
    Thanks for all help, really appreciate it.

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net