HEI module polarity

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jun 21 21:20:29 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Tyler <dcmckenna at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: HEI module polarity

>Hello all,
>    I will be installing a GM module in place of a Chrysler module in a
>'76 Dodge truck. It seems that youz guyz mentioned reversing the pick-up
>polarity will change intital timing?

Yes it will, the reluctor is an A/Cv generator..

 Is there a scientific way to know
>that its right or do I just have to check the timing and swap wires till
>I get what I want?

Swap the wires for the most initial advance.  Not a matter of what ya
want, the matter is to have the rotor most in phase with the dist cap
terminals when the spark passes, min. air gap.  Min RFI..

>My appologies for being off topic
>Ron & Stephanie Tyler

Off topic, ya outta deal, with the staff here at CSH World, HQ.   We
 can get off topic 2-3-sometimes 4 times in one sentence.
LOL
Bruce