Programming 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jun 22 13:56:54 GMT 1998

The purpose of this series is educational, and about engine
management.  In this case we're looking at the gm 1227747.
Using this information may be in violation of your laws.  It is
your responsibility to find this out.  This information if used on an
actual engine should be done with adult supervision.  Also, you
must read the tuning doc, and txt at 332 incoming.  If you have
not been following along then please read the acrhives under
Programming 101.
  This information was posted once before but may be difficult
to find, and with recent events is a good reminder that it exists.
In the table/switch/setting areas of the prom files there are a set
of parameters that must be meet for closed loop operation to
begin.  At 029E-02A3, are where these parameters are.
The ones I have a high confidence of are
029E  MAPH
029F  TPS
02A0  open loop off (rpm)
02A1  open loop on (rpm)
02A02+3 I don't have figured out
  If repling to this posting to DIY, please change the heading to
something else, so people can do archive searches easily
without excessive duplication.  If you want to "talk" to me about errors
please write me at nacelp at bright.net,  also no need to quote the
entire text to me.  If I am in error I have no problems admitting that
just at times it's easier to check with others, and get back to you,
and amend the 101 posting once rather than clutter things up with
excessive mail.  Again I'm not an EE, or Software type, just a
mechanic sharing what I've found, or had sent to me.
Cheers
Bruce