Problems with Haltech F7 at high RPM's

Doug Yip doug at digiconeng.com
Mon Jun 22 18:37:31 GMT 1998

> stop me any time if i'm wrong....  I am assuming that the injectors fire
> 1.5 times per rpm, ie. it takes two revolutions for all cylinders to fire
> once....
>
> 7800 rpm  *  1.5 cyls....
>
> = 11700 injector pulses per minute....
>
> = 195 pulses per second
>
> = .195 pulses per millisecond
>
> = 1 pulse every 5.128 milliseconds
>
> and you say 5 ms is 75% duty cycle ?
>
> actually 3.846 ms pulse width would be 75% duty cycle at 7800 rpm for a 3
> cylinder 2 stroke engine.....
>
> or am i wrong somewhere.....
>
> This would mean the reason for it working on the test bench and not on the
> road would be because of the additional load on the engine.  On the test
> bench with no, or little load, the injector pulse width would not be as long.

Injectors are batch fired once per rev.  At 9000 RPM this is 150hz, or
6.67 ms max per injection.  75% duty cycle = 5 ms.  Problem seems to be
that we're feeding Haltech normal tach signal of 3x/rev.  Will try to
change this to 1x, then change divisor on Haltech.

Douglas A. Yip
Digicon Engineering Inc.
http://www.digiconeng.com