simple analog fuel injection

Ron Tyler dcmckenna at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 22 23:19:35 GMT 1998

> MAF isn't such a good idea for a simple analogue EFI (not easy to
> implement anyway).  If you use a MAP sensor, and fire the injectors once
> per revolution, you will find that a pulse length linearly proportional
> to MAP will suffice.  You will need to have a gain and an offset pot.
> The gain sets the slope of the pulse-width versus MAP, and the offset
> pot shifts the whole curve (or rather, straight line) up and down the y
> axis.  You can even use the offset pot as a manual 'choke' equivalent.
> The system won't be as good as a real modern EFI, but I have found that
> on a small tuned 4 cylinder engine (998cc Hillman Imp) it works better
> than the old twin 1.25 carbs ever did. (I only suggest you try this on
> vehicles that aren't subjected to stringent emissions checks.

  Chris,

         I'm not a hack, but I am familier with the 555. I believe I
understand the concept, but I dont know how to build in "gain" for the
MAP. Can you send me a schematic or mabey a brief verbal summary please?
Also, how would you build in an "accellerator pump" with a TPS?

Mucho Thanx
--
Ron & Stephanie Tyler
'72 LT1/T56 240Z