Problems with Haltech F7 at high RPM's

Doug Yip doug at digiconeng.com
Tue Jun 23 17:41:56 GMT 1998

Matthew Harding wrote:

> I knew there was a good reason I wrote 'stop me if i'm wrong'  :)
>
> so, just for my own curiosity....  how many revolutions does it take for
> ALL cylinders to fire once?
>
> after a re-think, i assume it would be only 1.....
>
> now, if you are firing the injectors only once per revulution wouldn't this
> mean that 1 cylinder would be getting a dose of fuel exactly when it needs
> it, and the rest get what's been hangin around in the runner for a couple
> of milliseconds ?
>
> the same 1 cylinder get's the fuel injected at the same time everytime?
>
> seems a little strange to me.....

It's certainly not ideal, but it's a limitation of the Haltech unit.
You're right - in systems we've built, we would try to time the injectio
n for each cylinder.  This is tricky to do on a 2 stroke though.

As well, even though we like to think about fuel being delivered in
discrete injection units etc., in reality at high injector duty cycles
and RPM's all you have is a big mist of fuel.

--
Douglas A. Yip
Digicon Engineering Inc.