simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Jun 24 03:10:31 GMT 1998

>People buy [and build] high end tube amps for a lot of
>different reasons.  "Tubey" sound may be the worst
>of them.  But tubes can be amazing devices when used
>for [low level music signal] analog amplification.

I prefer tube guitar amps because they sound harmonically rich, without the
harshness of MOSFETS.  And you can lower hum by slightly increasing the
filament voltage, while putting a full wave rectifier and a large cap in
series with the filament power supply.  But your point is taken about
mechanical fuel injection.  I believe the Caddy's had mechanical injection
for a while... but I don't recall the years.  Dave Williams, do you know
offhand?

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website: