simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 24 15:20:33 GMT 1998

> Date:          Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:10:52 -0400
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> From:          Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com>
> Subject:       Re: simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

> >People buy [and build] high end tube amps for a lot of
> >different reasons.  "Tubey" sound may be the worst
> >of them.  But tubes can be amazing devices when used
> >for [low level music signal] analog amplification.
>
> I prefer tube guitar amps because they sound harmonically rich, without the
> harshness of MOSFETS.  And you can lower hum by slightly increasing the
> filament voltage, while putting a full wave rectifier and a large cap in
> series with the filament power supply.  But your point is taken about
> mechanical fuel injection.  I believe the Caddy's had mechanical injection
> for a while... but I don't recall the years.  Dave Williams, do you know
> offhand?

I looked at a Bosch system on a 1972 MB 280 SL last year, was a maze
of linkages and mechanical boxes, after turning screws, we started
bending linkage in desperation.
I have heard there is a garage shop near by, that only does Bosch
mechanical.  You could also check out old aviation,  the mechanical
throttle bodys, just loaded with all kinds of diaphrams and pressure
regulation.
alex