Stamp EFI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jun 24 15:21:05 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Georg Lerm <georg at redxch.wcape.gov.za>
Subject: Stamp EFI

I have read a thread today that looks like ths start of an
possible EFI project using a basic stamp.

That would be a big jump at this time, a few folks are trying to gather
some basic Stamp/PIC info..

Unfortunately my system crashed earlier today and I lost the original
message.

The question I have is if anyone has/have a basic stamp or PIC to
control ignition timing as a function of rpm and maybe tps.

Yesterday there was mention that this had already been done, but
no details.

Any suggestions,ideas are welcome

While painfully slow, my grand plan is starting with a low code oem
ecm (ie 101), progress to larger prom ecm, that uses all code/
tables on the prom.  Then once I get all the table stuff figured be
able to look at the code end of it.  While others say this is ass
backwards, for my situation this seems to be working for me.
Once I get the oem stuff handled then the PIC/Stamp should be
rather easy.

Ta
Georg

Another option as I see things is using a PIC in conjunction with an
oem ecm.  With EGOR or ION use a PIC for the perfect set of
answers, for timing, and fuel management.
  Maybe best suited for Tranny management for the all eclectric
valve body jobs.
  Cheers
Bruce