Northstar, 4L60 combo

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Wed Jun 24 15:28:53 GMT 1998

My understanding is that all GM front wheel drive engines have the same
bellhousing bolt pattern except maybe the Quad 4.  If this is true, you will
need a 700R4 from a fwd engine used in a rwd vehicle such as a 2.8 V-6 in an
S-10 pickup.  I also understand that the later 700R4/4L60/4L60E has a
separate bellhousing/case so you can mix and match.
Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

From: JE Messler <messler at streetrodframes.com>