search engines work now

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed Jun 24 15:31:44 GMT 1998

> Actually, the WAIS search engine is quite fast (SFgate is not). It
> also currently allows for complex boolean searching. The notation is
> "( foo and bar ) or foo.bar" .... etc. It _can_ also do author, dates,
> and much more but I don't think I set the fields up to do that. There
> are more options available for how it is implemented now, but I don't
> recall them off hand.

Where can I find the docs for SFgate?  I did some WWW and usenet
searching yesterday but I didn't come up with anything that helped me.

I know little to nothing about WAIS, SFgate, how they work, what they
do, etc.  But, I've read plenty of README files in the past and I don't
mind reading more.  So, if someone can fill me in from ground zero
(John???), or point me to some documentation I'd appreciate it.
Hopefully we can make the archive searches a little more user friendly.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems