Archives

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jun 24 16:53:06 GMT 1998

From: steve ravet <steve at sun4c409.imes.com>
Subject: Re: Archives

>Bruce, save your fingers.  This sort of thing can be done automagically
>using the regular Unix cmd line thingys.  I can implement it, just takes
>some time.
>
>It may be harder to strip the winmail.dats, but I'll give it a go.

Hell the winmail ain't nothing,  if you can do the headers the staff
here can handle the winmail.  Might even tiddy up the subjects to
match the topics which is part of the problem with the searches.

>> I can just see this lil gnome of a guy, with a rumpled hat that used to
>> maybe be pointy a LONG while ago, sittin at an aged computer, with a
>> bird on his shoulder (yeah, the kind with wings, you idiot), crankin out
>> the tidy'd-up archives like some elf.

All correct but instead of a bird it's a cat.  Usually eyelevel on some
other furniture.  Big ol cat.

Cheers
Bruce