simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Wed Jun 24 17:02:54 GMT 1998

I believe that Pontiac also used that Bendix vacuum tube EFI in '57 or '58.
Meanwhile, Duntov went with mechanical MAF, or more actually Velocity Air
Flow, for the Vette.

By the way, those Bosch mechanical systems used from 1955 were speed density
with one squirt per cycle and the squirt size proportional to intake vacuum
(used a leather diaphragm).  I put on on a Vega engine in 1973, worked well.
Bosch went to alpha-n in the late 60's.  The fuel map was a 3D cam, sorta
looked like a beat up wheel bearing race.  In and out was alpha, round and
round was n.  All that linkage synchronized the throttle position with the
cam.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

From: Jim Davies <jimd at vcc.bc.ca>