Northstar, 4L60 combo

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Jun 24 17:29:28 GMT 1998

Jim,
	I was looking at a northstar for the same reason. The
vendor at Carlylse, who happened to have 2 Northstars for
sale, assured me that there was an S-10 Automatic trans that
would bolt right up. I assume you also noticed that the
intake would end up comming through the firewall. Either
fabricate a nice Cowl induction setup or reverse the intake
manifold. I didn't verify it, but the vendor said that the
intake was simetrical and reversable. I ended up buying an
LT-1, and am trying to make it look right in a Rod.

	Remember all this info is from someone trying to sell an
engine, so verification is up to you. He said he had sold
one to another party and it was happily running in his S-10.

	If as another poster suggested the engine is BOP bolt
pattern you could use the 200 out of a Buick Grand National.
These are pretty beefy trans, and should hold up in a light
street Rod. I think the later cadillac and Buicks with the
700R4 & 40L60E's were really based on Chevy LT-1 engines, so
they are Chevy bolt pattern.

		Ken