excelerator pump

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Wed Jun 24 17:40:23 GMT 1998

> Diodes my goodness, I've built this very same thing dozens if not
> a hundred times, without them and it never worked with a s----.
> Dang,
> Thanks

> See, just an extra moment and you saved a least me oddles of time.
> 714, right?.  .01 mfd  1N914's.  Just  asking cause it means hours of
> work sayed if you already have some clues about where to start.

914s or similar should be fine
might want somthing a little heavier depending on the size of the cap used
cap size depends more on (moron ??) how long you want the enrichment to last
you might try an adjustable cap but size will be in the larger ranges mabey
10-1000uF or maybe a cap decade box til you get in the range you need
then one large cap and a smaller adjustable one say split at 2/3 1/3 total

> Don't need a final perfect design but just a hey start maybe with this.
>   BTW, for a analog car dealy can we get by with the single source
> power supplies?.  Or for the op-amp stuff do we need the extra
> neg power supply?.

since TPS max is usually in the 5v range the -ve sense can be designed in by
offsetting the voltage source
actually as soon as the comparator goes -ve the fuel delivery can be
cut completely off, an RPM sensor can turn fuel
back on at 1000 RPM or so to prevent stalling (unless idle is higher of course)