simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

Mattz mattz at pond.com
Wed Jun 24 23:25:36 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Morriss <crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: simple analog fuel injection comments from CSH, HQ

>In message <35910A44.2A6710DD at hal-pc.org>, "Robert W. Hughes"
><rwhughe at hal-pc.org> writes
>>> Some outfit is advertising NOS 12AX7's for $2 apiece, box of 100,
>>> in Nuts & Volts. That'll do for signal processing, but you're
>>> gonna need something with some grunt for the injector drivers...
>>> Wonder if 807's still exist. Two 6L6's per injector minimum my guess,

chineese 807 yes !
>>> plus a 1/2 shoebox-size matching transformer. Per injector. And then
>>> there's the power supply.
>>
>>actually, you would probably want to use a 2D21 for the injector driver.
>Nah, a 6C33 at least!!!

Naw a 211 is the only way to go here.. lets see 1.2kV for the plate and some
iron to make it purr... I figure you have to have at least 150lbs of iron
and fire bottles to make it run..:) (no Russian tubes here!)

If anyone is seriously contemplating this, I can supply you with cheap
tubes. My best friend has a garage full of them and is going to be disposing
of them come the next ham fest. (several thousand of em') Most of them are
TV sweep tubes and such.. all would work just fine..