My project

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 25 01:52:47 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene_Correa at amat.com <Rene_Correa at amat.com>
Subject: My project

  I have seen these old motors hopped-up before running
>Hilborn mechanical fuel injection and that is what I initially wanted to do
>because I thought that building a efi system would be beyond my
>capabilities.

Even with all the support in the world, I've seen people give up.  This is
no minor project.  First question is how much do you want to really do
this?.
How much time do you have, funds, experience.  Be realistic.

  I have also thought about trying to modify a efi system from
>an existing car to adapt to my motor.

Lots of folks do, nothing wrong here.

  As far as ignition is concerned I am trying to
>locate a Magneto but if not Mallory makes a dual point and electronic
>distributor for this motor.

Isolating electronics (the ecm) from a magneto may be really hard to do.
Small radio stations put out less RF.

>My biggest problem is where, and how do I start.

On the home page is an entry called called archives start reading there.
Since your starting at square one start at entry one.  Also, is an entry
for projects check that out.
>Rene

Cheers
Bruce