more useless tube info

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at hal-pc.org
Thu Jun 25 01:47:16 GMT 1998

>        Bob- that would be great for getting the injector turned on, but
> how do you turn off a thyratron once it's ionized? You would also have
> to have some other means of killing the current to the injector...
> like an SCR, once it's on, it stays on.
>         Of course, it's been 25 years since I played with tube
> circuits...

Actually, my last experience with the 2D21 was as a solenoid driver in
an Ampex TM-2 33 years ago, I have forgotten almost all of that, and I
like it that way.

But if you were to build a VTEFI you would have to mount it in the
passenger compartment (perhaps in a fake fireplace) so you could enjoy
the warm orange glow with the purple flicker.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering
rwhughe at hal-pc.org