Patent Attorney's Counsel ... We Be FINE

goflo at pacbell.net goflo at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 26 01:04:51 GMT 1998

> goflo at pacbell.net wrote:
> >Suffice to say that much of what we do here on the list IS illegal
> >in other parts of the world.

> garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:
> Non sequitor. We are NOT talking about copyright laws, but PATENT laws...

Quite so. You are talking about patent law.
The list activities I refer to are the copying and disassembly of roms
and such. HR2281 as presently constituted contains the potential to
abridge
such activities by diminishing the scope of "Fair Use", and by making it
illegal to "circumvent" a code-protection scheme, among other things.
Copyright law, as you say.
You seem knowledgable about this stuff, Gar. What's the deal?

Jack