Northstar, 4L60 combo

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri Jun 26 05:04:56 GMT 1998

Ok.  First off, I'm a day behind in mail, so please pardon
if this has already been answered.  I have in front of me
the April 98 issue of Hot Rod with an artcle about a
Northstar engine in a 32 Ford roadster(RWD).  First off, the
guy who built it is considering doing more of the same swaps
because it works so well.  If you feel any inclination to
contact someone who's done this, call Alan Johnson, AW
Johnson & Associates, 149 Avenida Cota, San Clemente, CA,
(714) 498-7000.  Now with that out of the way, I'll say
this:  I am fairly certain that Northstar uses traditional
FWD bolt pattern.  No good pictures of the rear of the
engine in the article, but I *think* one shows an adapter
plate in the '32.  Next:  it's carb'ed.  He built a custom
intake for it.  More:  magazine claims stock engine makes
330HP.  Way more than 2.8l s-10.  Any specific questions?  I
can only tell you about what's in this 3 page (way too
short) article.  Ask anyway, it might be in here.

Shannen