Programming 808

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jun 26 13:45:00 GMT 1998

We're going to be changing the format, and pace a little.  With
all that's been written time, and time again, I've convinced that
anyone who has been following this and the 101 series know's
that it's for educational purposes, and the warning about using the
info.,  if not please refer to the prior 101/808 postings.
  Today, were just gonna do some quick stuff that starts at the
beginning of the bin file.  0000+1 is the Prom ID,  0002+3 is
the date code,  0004+5 Seq,  0006+7 is the checksum, 0008
is the program ID,  0009 is for options A, 000A is Option B
(TBI-6-8 cyl select), 000B,C+D, look to be rpm min speeds for
ign, A/F control.  As time permits, and as more people work
with this info we might revisit some addresses, and better
explain them.  So this is 10 switches/settings, 268 to go..
  As a reminder you all the prior mentioned material,  the
info at 332 for delco_edit, the asbx series of bins, and all the
prior postings.  ie if you want to know the cyl selects then
look at asbx 6 and 8 and compare   000A.
  Again after reading all of this if you have any questions please
e-mail off list, and we'll go over it.  If several folks don't get it then
I'll do an amendment, but please lets keep the list traffic down
so those that are trying to archive the material later can get the
distilled version,
Cheers
Bruce           nacelp at bright.net
Also you don't need to include the whole text inna reply to me,
just a couple lines will suffice.