EFI system design

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jun 26 15:12:59 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: David Chambers <dchamber at pronet.net.au>
Subject: EFI system design

>I am designing an efi system and also an ign timing system for myself
>initially but with a view to market these eventually. I am hoping for a
>little bit of market research from the people on this list.

Big Snip

>What do you think?
>David

I didn't see anything really new or different, that is necessary.
Pot tunable can be applied to a stock ecm,  if the timing/fuel
tables are fully programmable to 3 bar MAP, then you have
an advantage.
What about price?.
If it's more than $400 with a spare, I can bet that using stock stuff
other than the 3 bar applications.  Without a spare 350, and I can
get one at a junkyard if it breaks.
I have the reliability of gm ecm, and ease of replacement.
Market wise you have some stiff competition, and customer
loyality to contend with.  Unless you have something really new
or really cheap that is really good, I don't see how your gonna
make money.
Justa reality check, is all
Cheers
Bruce