Cherry Injector Drivers

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Jun 27 05:34:14 GMT 1998

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:35:53 -0700, Sandy <sganz at wgn.net> wrote:

>The cherry parts have been around for a long time. The national parts are
>actually easier to get  if you can imagine that. The only glitch is that
>you need to typically buy a rail of 40. The cherry parts are very expensive
>in any qty less then what GM might buy (if they used them).

Eh? Is $4 per driver too rich for your blood? Thas what I paid for my
first set. We worked out a nice discount when we bought 100 tho. B)
Let's just say it was considerably less than $4, but in onezies that's
what Sager sells them for, $4. And yes, you can buy ONE (or four). Heh.

You musta been dealin with the wrong folks, Sandy.

You bet the 1949s are more versatile, but you also have to wire up the
Darlington, it's two bias resistors, a compensation cap, the current
sense resistor, and a couple of wire runs.  With the 452/3s, you have NO
wiring to do, just add the protection device and a resistor. Not to
mention the tons of board space saved. Basically you're talkin bout the
space JUST the darlington alone takes with a 1949 circuit.

Hey, I'm not sellin these; they've just gotten the short end of the
stick, as far as I can tell. [The 100 are already spoken for, and then
some, so please don't ask].

Garfield