Stamp EFI

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sat Jun 27 06:41:36 GMT 1998

The peak and hold injector drivers will work for either, but the cherry's
are around $7+ in low qty from what I recall. They can only be used for
injectors. The question you might really want to ask, am I using the peak
and hold style? Check out the max flow that you can get out of, say Grand
National or better injectors. Make lots of power, and are the saturated
type which can be driven pretty easily with most any driver. Again, the
cherry drivers are good, but they are on the edge of being an OEM part, the
lm1949's are a 'C' part for national, so they are not easily available as
well, but I can get to national distributers a buch of ways, cherry is much
harder. The big push for the lm1949, is that it can be used for other
things, and if the transistor it drives blows out, it is on 75cents (if it
doesnt take out the lm1949). If you wan't something like a single package
driver, and not useing peak an hold injectors, check out the IR6210 and
related series of parts, protected, short proof, work well with cpu drive
levels, etc. Just no way to limit the current for peak and holds.

That is about as much as I can spout about it, and all I need to be able to
do now is spell distributers ;-)

Sandy