Stamp EFI

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sat Jun 27 06:53:15 GMT 1998

Most of the automotive high perf injectors will require the CS453 (4/1). I
have had the datasheet sitting infront of me for weeks and I keep looking
at it to change the drivers on the design I have to  use them, but I just
can't do it. The sample ref design does have a 2w resistor on the VCC to
the part, but that still is less the the lm1949 circutry. Also, the 1949
does have a couple of other features that can be used to save the injector
in case the peak trip current (4amps in this case) is not met due to low
battery or what not, so it will not have a melt down if it sits at 3 amps
for an extended time period. Choose what you will, I have 453 samples, they
work great, but again, are you going to be using the peak and hold style?
The last time I did call sager, they had 50 in stock, that was at the start
of the EFI332, many, many moons back. The TVS's are what I have used for
the most part on all the injector drivers, much easier to get then the 5
watt zener, only a few cents more. One other side note, the cherry driver
is a low side switch and the lm1949 ends up being a high side switch.

Sandy