Stamp EFI

Matthew Harding mharding at qonline.com.au
Sat Jun 27 12:32:59 GMT 1998

The main problem for what I am thinking about is memory, there is simply
not enough to keep a whole 2D fuel map with what the stamp has to offer....

is this correct..

if I measure MAP at 5 bits = 32 points	-	(probably only high enough for NA
engines)

RPM at 5 bits = 32 points			-	(for a redline of 8000 prm this is in 250rpm
intervals)

and store 8 bits in each location for pulse width

32 x 32 = 1024

1024 x 8 bits = 8192 bits or 8k

the EEPROM only has 2k total, and even then it has to be shared with the
actual program code...

the only memory options they offer standard at Parallax is the 'RAMpack B'
which gives 8k, but is interfaced serially, resulting in the access to
memory being too slow for such an application as Fuel injection.... yes?

maybe something could be done better forgetting the stamp and going
straight for the Pic processor?

someone let me know if I am way off here, cause I'm really only learning
this stuff as I go....

thanks
Matthew Harding

reply to any of these....